These new books I’m reading have me super excited about adding herbs to new simple. pure. love. products.
I love herbs – growing, cooking, and essential oils. Learning more about the holistic use of fresh and dried herbs in body care has me inspired. I’m creating some soothing body oils, more salves and a foot butter to add to the store. Experimenting with recipes is part of the fun!
Scented Body Butters
With herbs and fragrance in mind, next week I’ll add a whole line of scented Body Butters to make your decision a little easier (personalizing will still be an option). Along with good ole Lavender, here are my thoughts on scents:
- Geranium & Rose – or – Juniper & Rose (high end)
- Rosemary & Lemon (fresh and invigorating)
- Lavender, Bergamot & Lemongrass (fun and floral)
- Vanilla & Lavender (soothing, like being wrapped in a warm blanket)
- Sweet Orange, Grapefruit & Lemon (Citrusy)
- Cedarwood, Clove Bud & Ginger (masculine and earthy, one of my favorites)
- Vetiver, Lavender & Geranium (clean and refreshing)
If anyone has suggestions or reactions to these new scent ideas, I’d LOVE to hear from you. There will be a limited selection added to the store beginning next week. (My sense of smell may go numb by the end of the weekend!)
Spring is in the air…
That fresh breath of spring air this past week was a reminder it’s time to assess for warmer weather. Where are our summer clothes? How about sandals? And are my feet ready for flip-flops!? If you’re still feeling a bit dried out from winter, try these simple recipes to restore those little piggies and cracked heals to good health in no time (Miracle Cream or our Gardener’s Salve do wonders too).
Let me know how it goes:
- 0.5 oz of Jojoba, Sweet Almond or Avocado Oil
- 0.25 oz of Vitamin E Oil
- 10 – 20 drops of Essential Oil* (for a refreshing or relaxing scent and added antibacterial and antifungal properties)
- Tea Tree essential oil (you can reduce and add half Lemon essential oil)
- Lavender & Lemon essential oils (add a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil)
- Clove Bud and Cinnamon Leaf essential oils (add a few drops of Frankincense essential oil)
Combine all ingredients and pour into a glass container to seal and store. Massage a small amount on each fingertip and toe, pay special attention to tips and cuticles. Give a little love to those heals too. Use daily, after you shower and before bed. Keep your container by your bedside to help you remember.
Do those footsies need a massage? Here’s an easy mix.
- ¼ cup Olive Oil, Jojoba, Sweet Almond or Avocado Oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops Bergamot essential oil
Combine all ingredients and pour into a glass container to seal and store. Massage away!
Much love and happiness,