I’ll be trying out some new body butter recipes this weekend!!! Hoping to add a whipped, fluffy loveliness to the team. Next week I’ll begin formal introductions to each product, including what ingredients are used and why. Plus intimate details about using the products (hmmm… what does she mean?!).
If you feel like messing up your kitchen, below you’ll find a couple of easy recipes you can try out on your own. Have fun!
Happy weekend to you all!!!
Much love and happiness,
Body Butter Recipe
By Wellness Mama
• 1/2 cup Shea Butter
• 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter or Mango Butter
• 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
• 1/2 cup light oil (like almond, jajoba or olive)
• Optional: 10-30 drops of essential oils of choice (I use Lavender)
1. In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
2. Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add essential oils if using.
4. Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
5. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
6. Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
7. Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
Shea Butter Recipe
By Little House Living
• 1 cup Shea Butter
• 1 cup Coconut Oil
• 1/2 cup Olive Oil
1. In a saucepan on low heat, melt all the ingredients together until well blended.
2. Pour into a medium bowl and place in the refrigerator until hardened (about 20 minutes).
3. Remove the bowl from the fridge and whip the butter mixture with an electric hand mixer until soft and creamy.
4. Place in jar or container and use as needed.
Find more recipes on our resources page.