I recently sat down with a friend who I hadn’t connected with in months. Over ginger and lemon tea in my “Happy Place” sunroom we made up for all the lost time while our kids sled in the backyard. Our catch-ups are always insightful with Mercury constantly in and out of retrograde and our lives seeming to prove it. 2017 has been one hell of a year, to say the very least.
Starting a business requires time, energy and resources. I make homemade body care products. My business is minuscule, but the time and energy it takes to make it happen feels anything but that. It’s also exciting, energizing and fulfilling – beyond any venture I imagined. As my friend aptly put it, she’s my new baby.
My new baby has me up all night, unable to sleep while my mind whirls with questions, ideas for the future and fears of what if. She has destroyed my house – my office now contains all her paraphernalia, my dishwasher is constantly running while the sink is still full of her most recent demands, and I feel like I’m constantly cleaning up after her. Plus, she implores for all of my time. From the moment I wake up until the time I go to sleep she is there, desperate for my attention.
I’m still trying to figure out how to acclimate us to this newly found world, but like our real babies, I know it will all work out one way or another. Envisioning my baby’s future, planning and setting goals is inevitable and healthy, but I know I don’t have as much control as I imagine.
Here are my goals for simple. pure. love. in 2018:
- To improve the online store, including shipping and allowing for essential oil options.
- To improve the product packaging, including professional labeling and product seals.
- To introduce new products, including a fluffier body butter, a creamier body lotion and an insect repellent for the upcoming spring season.
- To build up my Resources page with more information about ingredients, essential oils, links to great online sites and recipes for you to try at home.
- And to write more informative blogs and newsletters on a more scheduled basis.
Like the children we love and raise, I’m sure simple. pure. love. will have its own mind and ideas about what the future holds, but for now I’m still in control and look forward to doing the best I can.
If you have any suggestions or ideas of what you’d like to see improve please drop me a line.
Happy New Year! Thank you for your love and support.
Much love and happiness,
Keep an eye on our Resources page as it grows!